Community Design + Architecture is a planning, urban design and architecture firm with a focus on integrated transportation / land use planning, mixed-use and pedestrian-friendly community design, and sustainable development. The goal of the firm is to shape public policies, land use plans and designs, and build projects that are sustainable in terms of—
- the linkages between land use patterns, urban design, and transportation systems;
- the economics of both the public and private sectors;
- building technologies and infrastructure;
- integration of natural and built environments;
- short-term as well as long-term goals and needs; and
- support of community and social welfare.
Community Design + Architecture has expertise ranging from regional planning to the construction detailing of a mixed-use bu ilding or pedestrian-friendly street. We focus on integrated land use, transportation, and economic planning; design of districts and neighborhoods that complement their context; design of multi-modal corridors and streetscapes that support vibrant communities; creating sustainable built projects that reduce their impact on the environment; and achieving consensus among project stakeholders to lead toward successful implementation in our work for both private and public clients.
Santa Monica LiNC Interactive Online FormOctober 28, 2014
Our latest project in Santa Monica includes an interactive online forum. Check it out here and let us know what you think. Read More...