Bharat Singh is an urban designer with a background in architecture and urban planning. His professional and academic experience includes regional and city planning, site planning, community and urban design, rural development, architecture and exhibition and interior design. Specific projects have involved:
- Community and corridor revitalization plans;
- regional and local land use & transportation growth modeling;
- use of GIS in urban and regional development.
- urban and site design;
- zoning and neighborhood development plans; and
- community and master planning.
Bharat's professional experience and education both in India as well as in the United States, has exposed him to a range of urban environments and issues. At CD+A, Bharat at present is involved in developing a Caltrans funded community transportation and land use plan concept plan for a marginalized community in Central California. He recently managed another Caltrans funded community transportation and land use study in Fresno, California wherein CD+A was the lead consultant. In the past, he has worked on corridor revitalization plans in Hayward and San Leandro in California; and TOD corridors in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Bharat has also involved in several regional visioning projects in the Bay Area, the San Joaquin Valley and, the Greater Los Angeles area.
Additionally, Bharat has worked on, urban design and streetscape improvement plans, specific plans and transit village plans. While at Calthorpe Associates, Bharat assisted in smart growth projects in Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN, as well as redevelopment projects in San Jose, CA; Denver, CO; and Hershey, PA.
Years of Experience
- 2015 - Senior Associate, Community Design + Architecture
- 2007 - 2015 Associate, Community Design + Architecture
- 2005 - 2007 Senior Urban Designer/Planner, Community Design + Architecture
- 2002 - 2005 Urban Designer/Planner, Community Design + Architecture
- 2001 Urban Design Intern, Calthorpe Associates
- 1998 - 99 Consultant, E.O.G. Limited, New Delhi, India
Associate, Bhargav & Associates, New Delhi, India
- 1997 Lead Designer, S.P.A. Consultancy for War Memorial Design, New Delhi
- 1996 Intern, Mathur & Kapre Associates, New Delhi
- 2002 Master of Urban Planning, State University of New York at Buffalo
- 1998 Bachelor of Architecture, School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi, India
- 2010 - LEED Green Associate, US Green Building Council